Denim snack bag

Today was my first day of marketing classes. As usually I didn't take breakfast so I brought some sacks with me. How I was afraid to make a mess in the purse, I put those inside a plasctic bag. But at the break time where was my courage to put out these plastic bag?! All that plastic noise...
This's where comes this tutorial idea. I found these at Between the lines and it's great because is easy and you can recycle that old jeans.
What you'll need:
Old pair of Jeans
Old belt
Needle and thread
A sewing machine (although you could do this project entirely by hand)

How to do it:
1. Cut off one leg, just below knee, with adult size pants, about 40cm.
2. Prepare your belt by cutting the following:
- one strap of about 10 cm, buckle included and still attached
- another strap of about 40 cm, starting to measure from the other extremity of the belt (so this part has the holes)
- two strips of about 3cm, each.
3.  Turn the leg inside out. Since the bottom seam will become the top of the bag, we will close the other end. Insert the belt part with buckle, at that end, making sure it's positioned right in the middle. Close the seam, and run a zigzag stitch to prevent fraying.
4. Make boxed corners as shown.
5. Attach the other strap, nicely centered in the back. To make the sewing easier, prepare the leather by making holes using an awl. Next, add the short strips with a couple of stitches. 


Style and chic way to take your lunch don't you thing?! ; )

0 comentários :

Postar um comentário